Every project in Filevine will have an Archived phase to store the project after all work on it is finished. This article discusses the basics of the Archived phase and how to locate and run reports on archived projects.
To prevent any accidental loss of important data, you cannot delete or remove projects from Filevine. Instead, finished projects enter the Archived phase. Once a project enters the Archived phase, it will no longer appear in search results or on reports unless specifically included in your request. Reminders for the project stop, and deadlines for the project are removed from the user calendar.
Every project type contains the Archived phase by default. The Archived phase is always the last phase of a project. You cannot delete this phase or move it around, but you can rename it. Learn how to rename a phase.
Archived projects can re-enter another phase at any time. Navigate to the archived project and change the phase in the upper right-hand corner.
Archived Projects and Text Numbers
If a text number is associated with the project, the number will be dropped from the project when the project is archived. The text number will be kept as an unassigned number and can be viewed in the Org Phone Numbers Advanced tool. After three months of inactivity, it will be automatically released.
Search for Archived Projects
To search for an archived project, click the Search for a project text box located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Your most recently searched projects will appear, as well as an option to Include Archived projects. Select that option. Archived projects will now appear in your search results.
You can also find archived projects in the Project Hub. To do so, navigate to the Project Hub using the main menu dropdown. Select the More filter option and select Show Archived. Archived projects will now appear in your list of projects.
Archived Project Reports
Follow these steps to run a report on archived projects:
- Navigate to the Report Builder. Click on the main menu dropdown in the top left-hand corner and select Report Builder from the dropdown.
- Choose the List of Projects report type. Under Create New Reports, select List of Projects.
- Set up your desired columns. Select the columns that you want to include in your report. When finished, click Choose Criteria at the top or bottom of the page.
- Choose criteria. Under the General criteria heading, select Include Archived Projects. On the right-hand side of the page, select Yes. This selection will generate a report that includes both active and archived projects. To generate a report with only archived projects, follow all previous steps. Ensure that the criteria for your Org and the specific project type have been selected. Then, add the Project Phase criteria. In the dropdown menu beside Project Phase is, select Archived.
- Run the report. Once you have selected the desired criteria, click Run Report at the top or bottom of the page.
For more information on building reports, see Build a Report.