This article discusses Org Admins, including what these types of Admins can do and how to become an Admin. To learn about project Admins, read Project Permissions.
Admins in Filevine have access to additional capabilities like inviting new members, additional Advanced tools, changing members’ team status, and more. Org Admins and project Admins exist separately, meaning that a user can be an Org Admin without being a project Admin and vice versa. Org Admins have Org-level permissions like Advanced tools, while project Admins have project-specific permissions like access to locked fields in a project and the ability to adjust users’ statuses for the project.
Org Admins have Org-level permissions like default access to the Mailroom. Org Admin status is also necessary for access to the following Advanced Tools:
- Clear Feed
- Fax Usage
- Mass Doc Generation
- Mass Update
- Mass Update Permissions
- Task Utilities
Org Admins also have control over other users’ team status at the Org-level, meaning that an Org Admin could make a user a collaborator on all projects in an Org, for example.
- enable the Org’s setup page.
- can change any user’s team status on an Org-level basis.
- will have access to the Mailroom by default.
- are eligible to use the Advanced tools.
- can run Fax List and User List reports.
- will have access to all data created in a cross-project Fusion report, regardless of project-by-project permissions.
- can grant and remove access to any Advanced tools they themselves have access to in the Advanced Access tab.
Becoming an Org Admin
Becoming an Org Admin requires an existing Org Admin to designate you as an Org Admin. An Org Admin can designate another Org Admin by following the steps below.
- Select Setup > Org > Members. Navigate to the “Members” tab in Setup by clicking on the hamburger menu in the top left corner and selecting “Setup” from the dropdown. In the lefthand side menu, select “Orgs.” In the tabs across the top of this page, select “Members.”
- Navigate to Org Admin tab in the card. Click on the user card of the user you’d like to make an Org Admin to open it. In the opened card, select the “Org Admin” tab.
- Toggle on “Make [User] an Org Admin.” Click on the toggle to the right of “Make [User] an Org Admin” and then click the “Update” button. In the popup, click “Yes, Update.”
Please sign in to leave a comment.