This article discusses how to use the Mass Update Permissions Advanced tool to transfer cases and assign a user’s team status, project Admin status, and roles in bulk. Actions taken by the Mass Update Permissions tool cannot be undone, so use caution when performing these actions.
The Mass Update Permissions tool assigns permissions or cases to a single user. Though usually bulk actions would be taken by using the Org > Members tool, the Mass Update Permissions allows you to bulk edit permissions on a specific set of projects. The Mass Update Permissions uses either a project report list or the permissions of another user as criteria.
Mass Update Permissions is an Advanced tool that requires Org Admin access and must be unlocked by Filevine’s Support team.
The Mass Update Permissions tool will appear in your Advanced menu, so long as it has been enabled by the Support team for your user. Click on the hamburger menu in the top left corner and select “Advanced” from the dropdown menu. In the lefthand menu, click on “Mass Update Permissions.” If you are part of multiple Orgs, you will need to choose the desired Org from the dropdown. Next, choose a Mass Update Action.
Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary
Using “Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary,” you can grant team status and Admin permissions and add project roles. This option is useful if you’d like to base permissions or roles on a project criterion, like giving the user permissions on only projects in a specific phase, or if you’d like to transfer all the cases of one user to another user.
- Run a report. Run and save a project report with the desired criteria.
- Select Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary. In the “+ Add an Update” tab, click “Choose a Mass Update Action” and then choose “Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary” from the dropdown.
- Choose permissions. Select the desired user, choose their permissions, and select a report to determine the projects they will be added to.
- (Optional) Choose “Make Primary” or Add Project Roles. To make the user a primary on all projects being updated, click on the “(Optional) Make *Primary” dropdown and select “Make *Primary.” To add roles, click on the desired roles in the menu beneath “(Optional) Add Project Roles.” To select multiple roles, press Ctrl (⌘ for Macs) when clicking.
- Click “Queue Update.” Mass updating permissions cannot be undone, so take extra caution in making sure that the criteria and any information you are using is correct. If you’re sure that all information is correct, click “Queue Update.”
Transferring Cases Example
The “Mass Update Permissions/Roles/Primary” option serves a multitude of different purposes, including setting up permissions for new users or changing roles between different employees.
For example, if you are transferring cases from one user to another, choose “List of Projects” as your report type and limit the criteria by “Team: Has a Follower where @Username Is In.” Select the employee who is leaving as the username.
Primary Cloning Tool
Use the “Primary Cloning Tool” to transfer the primary status of all of one user’s projects to another user. You would typically use this tool if one employee is leaving or shifting roles, and all of their cases need to be given to another employee.
In the “Choose a Mass Update Action” dropdown, select “Primary Cloning Tool.” Select the user you’d like the give the *Primary role to in the first dropdown, and the user you’d like to transfer the *Primary role from in the second. Click on the blue “Queue Update” button in the bottom right.
Permission Cloning Tool
The Permission Cloning Tool will mirror a user’s permissions based on the permissions of another user.
In the “Choose a Mass Update Action” dropdown, select “Permissions Cloning Tool.” Select a user, a permission, a criteria user, and that criteria-user’s permission. Queuing the update will apply the changes to all the projects.