1/29/24 – 2/2/24
- All billing orgs in production now have the option to have a payment record created from project funds automatically when an invoice is finalized. Read more.
- Fixed an issue where the progress box would block the Apply button inside the Documents filter panel.
- Documents with multiple versions would show an indexing status of None in the List of Docs Report. This has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue involving the sticky footer obstructing options within the FVDA editor. Users should now have full editor functionality.
- Public API: adding billing codes via the Update Billing Item call returned a 403 error; it no longer does.
- In some rare situations, voiding an invoice did not fully release a payment that had been applied; it now behaves properly.
- Added option for Locked, Hidden, Do Not Copy On Promote, and "Hidden on Add Lead" on lead custom fields.
- Added option for Locked and Hidden edit contact custom fields.
- Added all lead custom fields to Opportunity webhook used to send referred leads as Opportunities to the referred to firm.
- Added to Include clickId, clientId, UTM, ReferringUrl, CurrentUrl, keywords, and campaign when associating an existing opportunity with an existing lead.
- Revised add/edit custom field editor to move several options under "Advanced Properties" to clean up the UI.
1/22/24 – 1/26/24
- Newly created projects will now be assigned the Org default rate schedule directly. Learn more.
- An Org newly enabled with billing will now have a rate schedule created automatically.
- Public API: the payload of the “Project Updated” subscription did not include a user ID ; it does now
- There could be a mismatch between the org ID for an individual note and the org ID for the project to which the note belonged, thus disappearing the note from the project Activity section; it’s no longer possible to create this bad situation via the UI, and existing mismatches have been repaired
- If the quantity or price of an expense or flat fee were edited in the context of the invoice modal, the invoice total was not properly updated in the project billing section, Summary tab; it now behaves itself
- In some instances, the unit prices for expenses and flat fees were not shown inside the invoice modal; this has been fixed
- The presence of an older templated expense could prevent an invoice from finalizing; this has been sorted
1/15/24 – 1/19/24
AIFields and Doc Review
- New prompt type: Credit Memo Analysis. This prompt will evaluate a credit memo or commitment letter and extract:
- Loan amount
- Loan purpose
- Interest rate
- Monthly payment
- Reporting requirements
- New prompt type: Medical Summary. This prompt evaluates medical records and extracts:
- Chief complaints
- Medical history as listed in the record
- Procedural codes
- Follow-up instructions
- Prompt tuned up: Several users reported issues when running the deposition summary and key themes prompts on documents where the AI appeared to be getting thrown off by language included in the deposition. This has been addressed with an update, so you should notice improved performance on this prompt.
1/8/24 – 1/12/24
- The default rate schedule is now used to directly set the rate schedule for new projects (i.e., changes in which rate schedule is selected as the default will not affect them). Read more about this change.
- If which rate schedule is the Org default changes, then any existing projects using the “org default” rate schedule (rather than a specific rate schedule) will be moved to the new Org default. To prevent this, the desired rate schedule should be assigned directly at the project level.
- To see what projects are using the “org default” rather than a specific rate schedule, I’d suggest a List of Projects report with the Rate Schedule column added from the project billing category
- Our PDF Editor updates will be available for Docs+ users. These updates bring bug fixes, security updates, and faster loading time, as well as the following features. Read more about these changes here.
- Multi-viewer mode for simultaneous viewing of two documents, currently enabled for PDF-to-PDF comparison
- Updated redaction panel with advanced search for phone numbers, credit card info, and email addresses, including Regex search for patterns
- Color controls for bulk redactions, addressing specific court requirements
- Customized keyboard shortcuts
- We made some behind-the-scenes updates to improve DocGen and Report Fusion performance. Minor margin adjustments may be needed in select doc templates.
- We improved our OCR with page-by-page text extraction, reducing failures and providing more granular handling for enhanced reliability.
- We added a new Indexing Status column to the Doc List Report to allow firm admins to track OCR progress, including Canceled, Failed, In Progress, and Indexed jobs.
- In the billing timer, billing codes were searchable only by the code description ; it is now possible to search by both description and code itself
- The Current Balance column in reports did not properly handle write-offs; this has been tidied
- In the public API, the array of billing items returned by the Get Invoice List call had a blank field for billingType; this has been fixed
- If the Project Fund Entry ID were included as a report column, the report could not be exported to Excel; this has been tidied
- Previously, a blank page would be added when printing via the gear icon in the PDF preview. This has been resolved.
- Searching in a partially OCRed document occasionally caused the document to go blank. This was especially true for larger PDFs. This has been fixed.
- We fixed an issue where users would encounter a JSON Exception error during document preview in Filevine when attempting to view a .docx format document.
- The "Add a New Signature" option in the PDF editor menu would not remain visible as the cursor moved down the page, resulting in limited signature functionality. This has been fixed.
Lead Docket Bug Fixes:
- Improved referral dashboard to include lastnotedate as the date column
- Added the ability to add Middle Name to Lead Forms
Check out our full APIv2 documentation here.
- New endpoints (To enable the batch endpoints, please contact your Filevine account representative.)
- Get document series - Retrieves series of documents starting at the last provided docId
- Batch document download - Retrieves a list of S3 download URLs
- Batch document upload - Generates a list of S3 upload URLs for file uploads.
- Batch document upload confirmation - Enables file uploads for use in Filevine
- Updated endpoints
- Get Project Document List, Get Document List, and Get Folder List, have been updated with improved date filter functionality.
- Updating the name of "Changes in Information" prompt to "Find Discrepancies."
1/2/24 – 1/5/24
- There was a bug where the wrong file's version history would display when navigating files within the Versions tab if the selected file had no version history. This has been resolved.
- The original tags on a doc were being replaced if tags were applied to multiple files, and both sets would only show on refresh. We fixed this behavior so both the original and new tags show without needing to refresh the screen.
- When a doc was renamed, there were still places within the app that would display the original file name, leading to user confusion. This has been resolved and all references to the doc now correctly reflect the updated file name.
- We updated the error messaging for AIFields. Previously, select files would trigger a misleading "AI-Analysis requires text-based attachments" message. We've added a retry and a clearer error message.