Every time a customer has a difficult experience in the software, it matters to us. Many times, that experience is ours alone to fix. In other instances, we have to work together. Here is a checklist to work through when you are experiencing difficulties in Filevine.
Is the Filevine system having any issues right now?
- This is easy to discover or eliminate as a factor. We will tell you here: https://status.filevine.com/
- If the status page indicates a problem–and your difficulty is related to getting certain pages to load–then what you are experiencing is likely systemically connected. It’s our job to fix it.
- If the status pages indicate that there are no system problems, we are still happy to double-check, though we will need more information from you to investigate, including:
- a precise timestamp of the event and corresponding time zone
- your Filevine URL and Org Id (see Setup > Org)
- a product area and example project/report/contact, etc.
Am I getting an error message inside of the system? Does one report run without issues and another with? Does one contact or project type function as expected while another does not?
- Cross-check the behavior in another place–be it a project, contact, section, document, or report. If it is not consistent across those cross-checks, then it is likely at the configuration level.
- We love the creativity that our customers bring to the application. Sometimes, the outcome of a certain configuration isn’t already known. If a configuration is causing an issue, the Filevine team wants to know about it. Submit a ticket to the Help Desk. Share a copy of that configuration for our testing. You may have caught an edge-case bug or helped us identify a place to provide guidance and guardrails.
Operating System Level
Is my experience in Filevine different across machine or device? Is it different across web browsers?
- Something loading slowly intermittently? Pull out your phone or tablet and test it there.
- Computers and devices running Filevine should be less than 5 years old as a rule of thumb. Running a modern web browser requires more and more compute units with every version.
- Google Chrome or Chromium Browsers–with the latest updates–are the best way to run Filevine.
- In Chrome or Firefox, cross-check plug-ins or browser settings by using an incognito windows.
- Is my internet fast enough for Filevine to be performant?
- Run a speed test of your internet browser here: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6283840
- Internet speed should be fast enough to stream videos on multiple devices to get best experience