Your account can have email, text, and Slack notifications sent instantly to you when certain events occur in Filevine. You can also receive daily digest emails for key updates.
Here are a list of events that can trigger an immediate notification:
- New tasks assigned to you, either on all projects or only from projects you follow.
- New texts received in the mailroom.
- New texts received in the projects that you follow.
- Role-based Taskflow notifications
- New faxes received in the mailroom.
- New faxes received in the projects you follow.
- New notes where you are mentioned, either on all projects or only from projects you follow.
- Where your user is made a follower on a project
- When a phase changes on a project that you follow
- Each failed fax sent by you
This is a list of daily digest items:
- Deadline reminders for the projects you follow.
- New, uncompleted tasks assigned to you.
- New notes where you are mentioned.
- Incoming texts and faxes to the Mailroom and projects you follow.
To find your notification settings:
Navigate to the Menu > Setup > "Notifications" in the left sidebar.
There are two types of email notifications: Immediate and Daily. Immediate notifications can be emailed to you
By default, all users can adjust their email settings for tasks, deadlines, mailroom items, etc. These emails are sent to the user's email address and do not require additional setup to begin. You can also subscribe to the morning and evening emails sent daily.
The Immediate notifications tab can also be setup to include texts sent to your phone. This requires you to enter your cell phone number and a subsequent verification code sent to your phone. Once that's done, you'll be able to enable and configure text reminders sent to your phone.
Slack is a corporate communication platform offering direct messaging and group conversations organized by topic. Slack can be a great platform to receive immediate notifications. It requires additional setup by first providing your company's slack domain and then logging in with your Slack account. You will be sent a verification code to finalize the connection. You will then identify the channels where you want to receive notifications.