This article will discuss how to set up a Vinesign account, how to add users to Vinesign, and how to integrate Vinesign with Filevine.
Vinesign is a tool for filling and signing PDFs that allows users to text or email important documents to clients. Vinesign is ideal for having one customer sign a document, and allows users to send a template document, or to send separate copies of the same document to multiple senders. For more information on how to use Vinesign, read the Using Vinesign article.
Creating an Admin Account
The first step to signing up is to create a single Admin account. Only one user from your Org should create this account. This user will then add all other staff members as users included in the Vinesign license.
Follow the steps below to set up an account with Vinesign:
- Choose a single Admin to create the account. This Admin will be able to add new users, run reports to monitor signatures, and see all jobs from any users, so choose the Admin for Vinesign carefully.
- Navigate to the sign up page. Visit app.vinesign.com and click the “Want to Sign up?” link below the login button.
- Submit form. Fill out the text boxes on the sign up form. The optional "Company Name" field must contain fewer than 50 characters. If you are already a Filevine customer, make sure to check the box next to “Are you a current client of Filevine?” When you’ve filled out all boxes, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in from email. When your request for a Vinesign account is approved, you will receive an email with your account details and a login link. Click the link and input your email and password to login to your account.
Vinesign is often bundled with a Filevine contract. If you are a Filevine user and are asked for credit card information while creating an account, contact Filevine’s chat support to add Vinesign to your contract.
Once you have created an account with Vinesign, you can then add additional users to that account. Follow the steps below to add users:
- Navigate to the Company Users Tab. On the main page of Vinesign, click the “Company Users” tab on the top. This page will show you any users you have.
- Click the New Users button. In the right top corner, click the orange “New Users” button.
- Create a company user. Fill out the information in the form. When you are finished, click the “Create a Company User” button at the bottom.
Integrating with Filevine
To integrate Vinesign with Filevine, you will need to first generate an API key (if you have not yet). To generate an API key, follow the steps in “Setting Up API v2.” Once the API key has been generated, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the last step in integrating Vinesign with Filevine.
For more information on how Vinesign is integrated with Filevine, read the article on using Vinesign.