Vinesign allows users to text or email a .pdf document for clients to securely fill and sign. The clients’ ability to sign the document from their phone significantly speeds up the signature collection process.
This article provides an overview of the following areas within Vinesign:
Note: Only Admins have access to the Reports, Team, and Settings pages in Vinesign. If you need these permissions, contact an Admin in your organization.
The home page is the first page you’ll see after logging into Vinesign. This page allows you to quickly begin sending documents or creating templates, and view recent documents.
The Recent Documents section displays your organization’s documents, with the most recently sent documents first. By default, these documents are displayed in a list view. To toggle to a grid view, click the grid icon in the top right corner. Click View All to be taken to the Documents page, where you can browse all of your documents.
Each document displays the following:
- document preview
- recipient and sender details
- the document’s status
- document download link
Click the vertical ellipsis icon to open a dropdown with additional actions.
Click the Vinesign logo in the top menu to return to the home page at any time.
You can view the status, history, and verification of your documents in the Documents tab. This tab also has options for copying, resending, and deleting a document. Click Documents along the top of the page to navigate to this tab.
The Documents tab consists of a list of sent documents. The documents you see depend on the privacy settings for the document and template. Each document in the list displays the following information:
- document title
- document status: Sent, Failed, Error, In Progress, Signed, Expired, or Declined
- first recipient and their contact information
- link to the document
- associated Filevine project, if available
- date sent
On the far right of the document information, click the vertical ellipsis in the Actions column to view additional options. The options you see will vary, depending on the status of the document.
- Click Resend to resend a document. This option will only be available for documents that have not yet been fully signed.
- Click Expire to invalidate the document. Expired documents can no longer be signed recipients. This option will only be available for documents that have not yet been fully signed. Vinesign will ask you to confirm this action before proceeding.
- Click Copy to create a new document for sending from a previous document. Clicking this option brings you to the Design page for the new document. Any fields used in the previous document will appear in the new document. Additional signers will also be copied over. From here, you can customize the new document as desired, and fill out the information on the Send page as normal.
- Click Delete to delete the document. Vinesign will ask you to confirm the deletion before proceeding. Deleted documents are not recoverable, so use caution when deleting.
- Click Document History to see an in-depth breakdown of actions taken on the document, like when a recipient viewed or signed the document.
- Click Verification to verify the document and generate an audit log of all user actions. This option will only be available for documents that have been fully signed. Learn more about document verification.
At the top right of the Documents tab, click + Create Document to create and send a document. Learn more about sending documents.
Search and Filter
At the top left of the document list, you can search and filter the list as desired. To search, click the Search documents… box and enter a keyword. Click Apply or hit the Enter key to view the search results.
Clicking the Search documents… box or the Filters button also brings up options for filtering the list. You can filter the list by document status, creation date, and by user. When you’ve selected the desired filters, click Apply to generate the filtered list. Click Reset to revert to the default filters.
You can view and manage your document templates in the Templates tab. Click Templates in the top menu to navigate to this tab.
The templates you see will depend on the privacy settings for the template. Each template in the list displays the following information:
- template title
- template creator
- download link for the template’s document
- date created
On the far right of the template information, click the vertical ellipsis in the Actions column to view additional options.
- Click View to open and view the template.
- Click Edit to open the Design page for the template, where you can add additional fields and make other desired changes. Learn more about editing templates.
- Click Send to open the Send page for the template, where you can send the template to the desired recipients. Learn more about sending documents.
- Click Delete to delete the template. Vinesign will ask you to confirm the deletion before proceeding. Deleted templates are not recoverable, so use caution when deleting.
- Click Download to download the template’s document to your device.
At the top right of the Templates tab, click + Create Template to design a new template. Learn more about designing templates.
Search and Filter
At the top left of the template list, you can search and filter the list as desired. To search, click the Search templates… box and enter a keyword. Click Apply or hit the Enter key to view the search results.
Clicking the Search templates… box or the Filters button also brings up options for filtering the list. You can sort by date, and filter by creation date and user. When you’ve selected the desired filters, click Apply to generate the filtered list. Click Reset to revert to the default filters.
Admins can see an overview of your sent documents by clicking on the Reports tab along the top of the page. This tab allows you to easily see how many documents you’ve sent within a defined time range, and the status of all of those documents.
At the top of the Reports section, select a team member from the dropdown to view the documents sent by that member. Adjust the dates to specify a different time range. Then, click Generate Report to view the results, which will be displayed in a bar graph. Below the graph, review more information on the documents and templates created during this time range.
Admins can view and manage team members by clicking on the Team tab along the top of the page.
The list displays the following information for each team member:
- email address
- if private templates are enabled for the team member
- if private documents are enabled for the team member
Enter a term into the Search team… box to filter the list. The list will filter as you type. Click Export to Excel to download a spreadsheet of the filtered list.
Admins can also add new team members and edit existing ones in this section. Learn more about managing your team.
Admins can manage organization-level settings by clicking on the Settings tab along the top of the page.
In the Organization Settings section, you can customize your organization name. You can also opt to attach a copy of the unsigned document to the initial email that is sent to signees, or include a document’s ID and verification URL on signed documents.
In the Message Settings section, you can choose the language used in text and email messages to document recipients, and customize those messages. Selecting Spanish changes the signee experience (prompts, buttons, and confirmation email) to Spanish as well. These message settings will always appear in new templates and documents by default, but can be edited by the user creating the template or document.
When you’ve finished editing your settings, be sure to click Save Changes at the bottom.
Note: If a message has been customized in this section, and an Admin selects a different message language and saves the changes, then the original customized message will be lost.