If you forgot your password, this article discusses how to reset your Filevine password. If you’d like to change your password and you know your old password, read the account settings section in “Setting Up Your Profile.”
After more than five incorrect password attempts, you will be locked out of your Filevine account for 20 minutes.
If you cannot log in to Filevine and cannot remember your password, follow the steps below to create a new password. To create a new password, you will need to know the email address that used to log in to Filevine.
- Click “Forgot password?” On Filevine’s login page, click on the “Forgot password?” link at the bottom left.
- Enter your email address. Clicking this link will take you to the "Forgot Password" page. Enter the email address that you use to log in to Filevine, and click the blue “Send me the Link” button.
- Click “Reset my Password” in the email. In your email, you will see a new email from Filevine titled “Reset Password.” Open the email and click the blue “Reset my Password” button.
- Enter your new password. On the “Reset my Password” page, enter your email address and then enter and confirm your new password. When you have entered all info, click the “Reset my Password” button.
- Sign in. Your password has been changed! Click the blue “Sign In” button to sign in with your new password.
If you run into problems when following the above steps, read below.
Don’t Remember my Email
The steps above require you to know the email address you use to log in to Filevine. If you do not know your email address, you will need to contact support. Once you’ve gotten your email address, continue with the steps above.
Can’t Find the Email Filevine Sent
If you cannot find the “Reset Your Password” email, the email might be in your spam folder, or your email may be blocked. If you don’t see the email, run through the steps below.
- Check your spam folder. The email may have been listed as spam.
- Add the address to the allowlist. Make sure emails from the address are on the allowlist in your email service provider settings. The password reset email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check if the address is blocked. Is your email address new? If the email address did not exist at the time an email from Filevine was sent, the email will be on the blocklist. If this is the case, you will need to reach out to Filevine support to have the address removed.