Reports can be set up to run and export automatically on a set schedule. Auto-reporting can be used for things like upcoming due dates for tasks, statute of limitation deadlines, and audit reports.
Auto-reporting will email you the updated version of a report on a repeating weekly, monthly, or yearly basis, in either the morning or the evening.
Setting Up an Auto-Report
The option for auto-reports appears in the Save/Export section of the Report Builder and in the Saved Reports page. In the Report Builder, you must click Save As to save the report before you can view the auto-report option.
- Open the Auto-report Settings window. Click on the Auto-Report Settings button of the Save/Export step in any of your saved or shared reports.
- Select a schedule frequency. From the dropdown menu, select either Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. If at any time you wish to stop receiving emails, change the schedule frequency to Off.
- Select your timezone. The report’s dates will be generated in your current timezone (including daylight savings observances). To change the timezone for the report, select a new timezone from the dropdown.
- Select days. Choose which day(s) of the week, day(s) of the month, or month(s) of the year you would like the report sent to you by clicking the days or months you would like to receive this report.
- Select time of day. Toggle the button at the bottom of the Auto-report Settings window to either Mornings or Evenings.
- Save. Click the Save button to save the new settings.
If an auto-report fails to run, the user will be notified via email. If the auto-report fails to run three times in a row, the auto-report schedule will be canceled. The auto-report user will be notified via email of the cancelation, and should review the report for possible errors.
You can export reports to Excel as a .csv file to keep them for your personal records or print them out.