This article discusses how to join and use Filevine’s Referral Network, a service that offers a great way to expand your referral reach. When Filevine users join this network, they can give and receive client referrals to a network of other attorneys, and then easily share access to the cases in Filevine.
Get started with the Filevine Referral Network.
Joining the Network
The Filevine Referral Network is available to all Filevine users. The network is administered via an email Listserv.
To join, visit the Filevine Referral Network page and fill out the “Join the Network” form on the right. Once you click “Submit,” you will be added to the Listserv. When you receive your first email on this Listserv, you can begin sending out and responding to referrals.
If you have a case that you would like to refer out, send an email to the Listserv to notify all members. Others in the network can then reply either directly to you or to the entire group. You will be able to choose to whom you refer the case.
Follow the steps below to help ensure a smooth transition:
- Discuss the details of the case.
- Establish and agree upon a referral fee.
- Share the project in Filevine.
Terms of Service
Filevine’s Referral Network is meant to be a place for users to share referrals on cases. Be respectful of the time and attention of other members as you engage with the network. Filevine reserves the right to remove any users who speak in hateful language or engage in discourse that distracts from the intended purpose of the network.
If you need to report abuse, email email@example.com or chat in and we will promptly review the concern.
Sharing Referrals in Filevine
When transferring your referred case, you have the option to share the Filevine project with the user receiving the referral.
Sharing a project in Filevine is simple. Once the project you would like to share has been created and basic information has been added, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the project’s Team Section. Search for the project you wish to share in the “Search for a Project” search bar in the top right corner. In the lefthand menu of the project, select the “Team” section.
- Invite the user. Click the “Invite” button in the top right of the “Team” section, and enter the email of the user you wish to invite in the “Invite Team Member” window. The user will be invited to the project as a guest.
- Edit share privileges. Choose which sections your guest can access by clicking on their profile and editing their privileges. Learn more about guests. You can also make the user a collaborator to give them fuller access to the case.
Article is closed for comments.