Periscope, powered by Domo, is a data visualization tool that aggregates data from Filevine reports. Periscope allows owners of a Filevine Org to easily see and understand the data that they are housing in Filevine.
Periscope reports can help users manage and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) in the form of bar charts, pie graphs, or other snapshots and visualizations of their data. These visualizations enable users to read their data efficiently and clearly.
Periscope, Powered by Domo
Periscope exports data from Filevine reports into data visualizations. These visualizations are customizable and can be tailored to your unique needs. Users with Periscope can connect up to 15 datasets, or Filevine reports, and can use these datasets to create any number of Periscope visualizations.
Users are responsible for setting up Periscope by connecting Filevine to Domo through an S3 bucket. They are also responsible for building their Periscope visualizations. However, Filevine provides several templates you can use for help beginning to build your own reports.
Periscope includes up to 10 users. Managers of Periscope can manage permissions of these users within Domo.
Periscope automatically exports data once a day with the ability to manually push updates 3 times a day
Periscope uses Filevine’s Data Connector tool to export pre-built Filevine reports to an AWS S3 bucket, where it can then be connected to Domo. The setup for Periscope, therefore, requires three steps:
- Setup the S3 Bucket
- Connect Filevine
- Connect Domo
Setup the S3 Bucket
You now have all AWS S3 Bucket settings configured for integration of Filevine reports to Domo or other Integrations or final destinations. Once this step has been completed, you can connect your Filevine reports to be exported to this location. Follow the steps in the Data Connector article.
Once you have connected your Filevine reports to your S3 Bucket, you can then connect Domo to pull those reports and data out of the S3 Bucket.
- In your Domo environment, click the DataSets tab at the top of your page. Then click Connectors.
- In the page, search "S3" and click the "Amazon S3 Connector"
- Domo will now ask you for the necessary keys and information to pull data from the S3 Bucket created and authorized in the preceding steps. Enter the Access Key, Secret Key, and Bucket name, and select the region your bucket belongs to. Once you have entered all information, click Connect.
- On the Details page, keep all default settings as they are. Under the File Name field, specify the file name that is in your S3 Bucket, removing the time stamp at the end of the file name. For example, if the file name is “Test_case_data_2023-02-01_1603.csv” you would enter “Test_case_data” in the File Name field. Then, click Next.
- On the Scheduling page, keep the update interval as "Every Day" and change the time to a time after Filevine sends the report to your S3 bucket folder. You can see the time by looking at the files already sent. You can also come back to this setting later if needed to adjust.
- Finally, name your Dataset and add a description if you would like, and then click Save and Run.
- Once the run has completed, you can now use this dataset for building dashboards in Domo.