Bates Stamping is part of Filevine’s Docs+ Features. If you are interested in Docs+, contact your Filevine rep to learn more.
Filevine’s Bates Stamping tool applies continuing page numbers with footers across documents. Bates Stamping can be used on any MS Office or image files, all files will be converted to PDFs for the bates stamp.
How to Stamp
- Click on the stamp icon to open. In the Docs section, click on the stamp icon along the top of the right side to open the Bate Stamping tool.
- Choose your files. Add files from the project by searching for and selecting them in the “Add a Project Doc” search field, or upload files from your device. Any files you had already selected in the Docs section will be included.
- Choose the order. Once all files have been selected, ensure the files are in the desired order. Files can be moved by dragging and dropping them, or by selecting a file and using the move buttons below the list. Once all files are added and ordered, click “Next.”
- Choose folder. Choose the folder in your Docs section where you would like the bates stamping to live. When the bates stamping is finished, a new folder will be created within the chosen folder, containing all of the bates stamped files.
- Configure the stamp. Choose the prefix that you would like to appear on every page, and then choose the number of digits and the starting page number. If you choose 5 as the number of digits and 1 as the starting page number, the first page would be numbered “00001.”
- Adjust advanced options. If desired, you can change the location, application, font type, and font size by selecting “Advanced Options.” By default, the bates stamp will apply to all pages. If you choose to apply it to the first page only, the bates stamp will appear only on the first page of each file, with continued page numbers. For example, if the first document is three pages and your starting page number was 1, the second document would have page number 4.
- Stamp. Once the bates stamp is configured, click “start.” You will see a list of all the files with a loading bar. Once the bates stamp is finished, the bar will read “success” and you will be able to view the bates stamp folder where you choose to place it.
Adding to a Stamp
If you need to add additional documents to a bates stamp at a later time, create a new bates stamp with the same information, and enter the starting page number as the next number. Once this bates stamp is created, make sure to move this folder or these documents into the same folder as the first bates stamp.