The theme of our WNWN event this quarter is connection. Whether it’s connecting you to your clients, your data to your workflows, or your various software tools to each other, our latest product developments and enhancements were all made with connection in mind. It’s Filevine’s mission to improve your ability to make genuine connections with your clients and your team members.
We have exciting new features to share with you—like our improved Tag Management and our brand new Data Connector, new developments to Lead Docket’s intake capabilities, and new Vinesign Packets functionality.
Filevine’s updated tags and new Tag Manager tool expand the usefulness of tags and streamline communication across Filevine, giving users more control over how work is searched, sorted, and stored.
Now, only users with access to the Tag Manager tool can create and update tags, helping to standardize tags across Filevine. Tags now include a color and description for better visual categorization and consistency.
Filevine users can now quickly export saved CSV reports securely through an AWS S3 bucket. The new ability to export your data directly from the cloud will bring further data integrity and visibility to your organization.
Contact your Filevine representative or support to set up the Data Connector in your Org. Learn more about the data connector.
Lead Docket Updates
Lead Docket users can now use several new features that work to streamline the intake process, including:
- Lead Forms: Users can send fillable forms to leads directly from Lead Docket, allowing leads to provide information on their time. Admins and users with lead forms permissions can customize forms for each case type. Learn more about lead forms.
- Automations: With automations, firms can automate key actions and entire processes in Lead Docket, creating a seamless intake process. Available automations include updating lead statuses, sending lead forms, sending Vinesign templates, and pushing case details to Filevine. Learn more about automations.
- Referral Groups: Referral groups allow you to group together and prioritize referral firms. Referral groups can also work with automations to automatically re-refer leads to the next firm in a referral group after a given period of time has passed, or after the previous firm rejects the lead. Learn more about referral groups.
Learn more about Lead Docket’s recent releases.
Vinesign users can now send multiple documents at once, saving time and streamlining the signature collection process. Multiple documents are sent to signers in one collated file. Once signed, senders can download the signed documents and their verification pages individually.
Learn more about sending multiple documents in Vinesign.
WNWN isn’t just about what’s new—it’s also about what’s next. This quarter brings upcoming changes to Filevine’s time and billing features, and Filevine Redesign updates.
Time and Billing
Upcoming changes to Filevine’s time and billing features will improve your team’s ability to manage invoices and track your billable hours.
We know a billing rate is sensitive information, so we’re adding a new tab inside of Billing Setup where the Org admin can control access to billing rates. When a user does not have rate-viewing permissions, no rates will show when adding a time entry, in the project billing section, in Timesheet, or in reports. Rate-viewing permissions will be available to Filevine Insiders next week.
Users can now create invoices for multiple projects at one time. In the Advanced Billing tool, users can select multiple projects, create an invoice for each, and receive a notification when all invoices are ready. This functionality is currently available on an opt-in basis.
Something similar for the Invoices tab is in the works. Users will be able to select multiple invoices and take action on them all at once—whether that is generating a new PDF, finalizing the invoices, downloading existing PDFs, or marking invoices as sent. We expect these additional invoice actions to be available to Filevine Insiders in the next 3-4 weeks.
Merge and Delete and Trending Tags
Tags will soon be able to be merged and deleted in bulk in the Tag Manager tool. Users will be able to select multiple tags and choose to merge or delete them with additional icons.
Users will also soon be able to view the 10 most-used tags in a project, displayed at the top of the project’s Activity feed. Click on any of these trending tags to filter the Activity feed by items with that tag.
In the last few months, we updated our font with a new, modern font and began updating our icon set. Throughout the coming months, we’ll continue to release updates to our user experience and interface.
Up next, we are making the following changes:
- a new navigation bar at the top of Filevine: this bar features larger, clearer icons that we hope will make it easier to differentiate between sections within Filevine
- a new page title: starting with the project activity section page, this new page title is more compact, allowing more content onto user’s screens
- moved the vitals information: vital’s new side panel is quickly accessed through the vitals button, found inside the new page title
- bringing themes to Filevine: users will be able to select from three different color themes for Filevine
Learn more about Filevine Interface Redesign updates.
LEX Summit 2023
LEX Summit 2023 is focused on bringing the future of legal work to the present. At LEX Summit, you’ll gather with like-minded legal tech innovators who are changing the way legal work gets done.
This year’s user conference is taking place Feb. 12–15, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in the heart of Downtown SLC. Learn more about the LEX Summit.
Innovators are the official Filevine user community to mastermind with other users by asking questions and sharing best practices. It’s a central hub to stay up-to-date on new features and enhancements, learn about upcoming events, network with other users, and more.
To join the conversation, create your account at innovators.filevine.com.
Article is closed for comments.