In Filevine’s June release notes, you’ll find new functionalities for email within Filevine, updates to OCR, and the beginning of a new look for Filevine.
- Native Email Previewer and Sender
- Intra-Doc and Enhanced Search
- Timekeeper ID
- Filevine Interface Redesign
Native Email Previewer and Sender
Docs+ users can now search, preview, and send email files from within Filevine. The native email previewer and sender saves users time by never requiring them to leave the platform.
- Docs+ users can now preview emails that have been saved in the Docs section, including their attachments.
- The text in email files is now searchable for Docs+ users, both in the previewer and in the project and global searches.
- Outlook users with Docs+ can also open and respond to emails and send a project document as an email attachment—all directly from Filevine.
Intra-Doc and Enhanced Search
Rolling out over the next 5-7 business days, Docs+ users will gain access to OCR updates for faster, more accurate searching.
- Searching within PDFs now highlights the results on-page, showing exactly where your search term appears.
- When using the global or project search, results now display a document preview including highlighted results. Clicking a highlighted result in the preview takes you to the page and location where it appears in the document.
The latest enhancements to Timekeeping make it even easier to create time entries. Users can now add Timekeeper IDs as shorthand markers to users for additional record keeping.
Filevine Interface Redesign
Phase 2 of the Redesign kicked off this month, and more exciting changes will be coming soon:
- The first update for Phase 2 was the introduction of a new singular font scheme. Introduced at the beginning of June, the new font helps create a more uniform feel across the entire Filevine Interface.
- Phase 2 is still in progress, and more details will be added to the Phase 2 Redesign landing page as further updates are released.
To learn more about the Interface Redesign and see what phase we are in, visit our New Features page.