For security purposes, access to the Filevine Portal requires two-factor authentication (2FA). This article discusses configuring 2FA for the Filevine Portal. For information on Filevine’s in-app API tool, read Filevine API. For information on setting up 2FA within Filevine, read Two-Factor Authentication.
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your login. In addition to your username and password, you will enter a time-sensitive verification code that only you can access on your mobile device.
Download a 2FA Application
Due to the sensitivity of API keys, access to the Filevine portal requires 2FA. To configure 2FA, you will need to download an app to your mobile device. There are a variety of applications that you can use for two-factor authentication. Below are a few examples. Follow these links to download, or search for these or other authentication applications in the app store on your mobile device.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication (Android | iOS)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android | iOS )
- Google Authenticator (Android | iOS)
When you log in to the Filevine Portal for the first time, you will be asked to configure 2FA.
For every device and application, the process for setting up 2FA is generally the same:
- Open your 2FA application. Open the authenticator application on your mobile device.
- Take a picture. Create a new item in the app by taking a picture of the QR barcode in the Filevine Portal. Once the photo is taken, your application will generate a temporary code that you will use to login.
- Enter the temporary code. Once the photo is taken, your application will generate a temporary code that you will use to login. This code will change around every 60 seconds. You may see some form of a timer next to the code indicating how much longer it will work. Enter the current temporary security code from the app, without spaces, into the textbox in the Portal to confirm.
You will be prompted to enter a new temporary code generated by your 2FA app whenever logging in on a new device, so make sure to keep the app so that you will be able to access future temporary security codes.