If you are having an issue with Filevine’s top bar displaying, there may be a problem with your antivirus software. This article outlines how to fix this issue.
Usually, Filevine displays a top bar with the search project box, calendar, and other options, shown below.
If this bar is not displaying, check if you are using Kaspersky anti-virus software. You can contact your network administrator or search for Kaspersky on your computer to find out.
If you are using Kaspersky, follow the steps below to solve this issue. If you do not use Kaspersky software, it is likely that you will need to update Java.
- Open Kaspersky Total Security. Search your computer for Kaspersky and click to open the program.
- Click the cog. In the opened Kaspersky window, click on the cog in the lower lefthand corner of the screen.
- Click Additional > Network. Click “Additional” in the lefthand menu, and then click “Network.”
- Click Manage exclusions > Add. In Network Settings, click the “Manage exclusions” text at the bottom of the screen.
This will open the “Encrypted connection sharing” window. Click the “Add” button at the bottom right of this window.
- Enter filevine.com. Under “Domain name,” enter “filevine.com.” Make sure that “Active” is selected, and then click the “Add” button at the bottom right.
- Hard refresh your browser. Press Ctrl+⇧Shift+R (or ⌘+⇧Shift+R on Mac) to reload Filevine.
If you are running Java on your computer and you do not use Kaspersky software, follow these steps to update your computer's settings and render Filevine correctly.
- Reinstall Java. Go to Java's download page. Click "Java Download" to download and follow the installation steps.
- Update Chrome. Check that you have the most up-to-date version of Chrome by opening the vertical ellipsis setting menu in the top right corner of the Chrome browser. Click Help > About Google Chrome. Chrome will automatically detect whether it's up-to-date or needs to be updated. If applicable, update Google Chrome.
- Clear your browser cache. Open the setting menu and select More Tools > Clear Browsing Data. Make sure to check only the third box, “Cached images and files,” to avoid being logged out of all of your sites. Clear data.
- Shut down your computer and turn back on. Completely shut off your computer (not a reboot). After the shutdown, turn your computer back on, open Chrome, and check to see if Filevine is now rendering correctly. If problems still persist, reach out to your IT specialist for further troubleshooting.