Depending on your agreement, RingBird can serve as an answering service, perform legal intakes, and even do outbound calling. The Ringbird team can leave notes and tasks on your client projects once the @ringbird user has been properly added to your firm's Filevine Org.
How to Setup Ringbird in Filevine
1. Go to the "Orgs" section. Click on the hamburger menu in the top lefthand corner. In the dropdown, choose "Setup." Click on the "Orgs" section on the lefthand side, and if you have access to multiple Orgs, choose the Org you would like to use Ringbird for.
2. Open the "Invite Team Member" Window. Click on the "Members" tab. In the top right corner of this tab, click the button that reads "+ Invite Staff." This will open the "Invite Team Member" window. The window will look like this:
3. Add Ringbird Team as a user. Begin typing "Ringbird" to find the Filevine user that reads "Ringbird Team." You can also use the email "email@example.com" to make that you have the correct user. Click on the Ringbird Team, then click the "Invite" button. The Ringbird Team user should now appear listed in the list of Org Members along with your staff.
4. Make Ringbird Team an Admin-Collaborator. Click on the Ringbird Team user card to open the "Existing Project Permissions" window. Under the "Existing Projects" tab, make sure "in the entire org" is selected from the dropdown menu, and then click the "Admin-Collaborator" button. When asked for confirmation, click "Yes, Update." Ringbird Team is now an Admin-Collaborator on all existing projects.
5. Set Ringbird Team to be Auto-added to New Projects. In the same window, click on the "New Projects" tab. Click the toggle for "Auto-add Ringbird to all new projects" and select "Admin-Collaborator" from the dropdown menu. Once this is complete, click the "Update" button at the bottom of the window and click "Yes, Update" when asked for confirmation. Ringbird has now been added to your Org!