Filevine is excited to release an exclusive faxing feature that now allows you to fax from the mailroom or from any project. This feature will greatly increase the convenience of communicating in compliance with HIPAA to all relevant parties. Faxing is a paid feature.
These file types are the only file types that can be faxed from Filevine:
Additionally, all file types will be converted to a .pdf prior to being faxed.
How to Send a Fax from the Mailroom
1) Navigate to the mailroom by clicking on the envelope icon of the top left corner. If you do not have access, please ask an Org Admin of your firm to enable the mailroom for you.
2) Click the "Send Fax" button.
3) Upload a cover sheet and the main document.
4) Provide a faxing number. If the number doesn't look like a proper fax number, the system will notify you and you will not be able to send it until it has been corrected.
5) Click Send Fax. Eventually, after the fax is prepared, sent, and received, a confirmation page will be included in the faxed file on Filevine.
6) (Optional) Move the fax from the mailroom into a specific project by entering a project name into the "Move to Project" space and clicking on the appropriate project. This will instantly move the fax into that project.
How to Send a Fax from a Project
From any location where you can find a document in a project, you also have the option of sending that document via fax by clicking on the document's drop-down menu.
1) Locate the desired document within the project.
2) Click on the document's options and select, "Fax."
3) Provide a cover sheet (optional) or the main document, depending on what was selected in step 1. The system will detect if a file's name has the words "Cover Sheet" in it to be positioned appropriately in the fax. As needed, click the arrows to the left to switch the positions of the documents.
4) Enter a recipient of the fax either by searching for the recipient's name, a fax number, or by entering a new fax number. If the recipient you selected does not have a fax number, select the contact card and click, "Edit," in the top right corner to add a fax number. Be sure to label it with Fax.
5) Click the "Send Button" to send the fax.
6) (Optional) Check the Activity section for the status of the fax. The status will change from Queued to Delivered to Received. When the fax is received, a time stamp can be found by hovering over the word, "Received." If the fax number has been saved to a contact, the contact's name will appear within the fax vine of the activity.