This requires that the advanced tools, Mass Update Permissions, be unlocked for you by the Support team and that you have Org Admin access.
Mass Update Permissions is actually 3 separate tools, each of which has a subsection in this article:
For first time learners, we recommend that you read through all 3 sections.
For a refresher or if you have a specific update to make, use this simple guide to identify which tool to use and read only the bold text.
Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary
This tool requires a saved report that consists of an exact list of target cases because all cases in the report will be affected. If there is no way to produce an exact report that meets your needs, the changes to the team will need to be made on a case by case basis.
Because a saved report is required, please follow the directions in this article to create and save such a report.
After the report has been saved, follow these steps to access and use this tool:
1) Navigate to the Menu > Advanced > "Mass Update Permissions" > select "Mass Update Permission/Role/Primary."
2) Select the user that you want these changes to be applied to.
2) Select what level of access they should be given on all of the cases in the report.
3) Select which report the update should be applied to.
4) Select whether they should be given the *primary status or if the *primary status should remain unchanged.
5) (Optional) Select any roles they should have on these cases. If multiple roles are needed, hold down ctrl to click on multiple roles.
6) Finally, click "Queue Update" and confirm that you want this update to be completed. The update generally takes a couple of minutes or longer, depending on how many cases these changes are being applied to. To check on the progress, under the Job Progress tab, you can refresh the job list until it shows a green arrow and says "Completed."
*Primary Cloning Tool
Because cases can only have one person as the *primary, "cloning" in this case is actually transferring the *primary status to another person. The previous *primary user will still be a primary, which is only used for record-keeping purposes. There is no special functionality for a non-*primary.
1) Navigate to the Menu > Advanced > "Mass Update Permissions" > select "Primary Cloning Tool."
2) Select the target user who should be given the *primary status.
3) Select the source user who should be giving up the *primary status.
Permission Cloning Tool
This tool is used to grant someone mirrored access to another user. It's performed on a level of specificity for each permission (i.e. guest, collaborator, and/or follower, without or without admin access).
1) Navigate to the Menu > Advanced > "Mass Update Permissions" > select "Permission Cloning Tool."
2) Select the user that should be added to the affected cases and select what level of permission they should be given.
3) Select which user's access you are cloning and at which cases this update should apply to based on this user's level of access.
4) Click the "Queue Update" button and confirm your update. The update generally takes a couple of minutes or longer, depending on how many cases these changes are being applied to. To check on the progress, under the Job Progress tab, you can refresh the job list until it shows a green arrow and says "Completed."