How to Create a New Project
To create a new project, please follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Menu > New Project.
2) If needed, select the Organization the project should belong to. (This cannot be reassigned)
3) Select a project type. (This cannot be reassigned)
4) Enter the client or project's name. If the name is unrecognized, you'll have the option to create a new contact card. (The contact card associated with this case cannot be changed)
5) If needed, enter a project nickname that the project will also be known as. This can be in accordance to your firm's filing system or with their surname first, such as Bond, James.
6) Confirm that all items are correct and then click the "Create" button.
Q: If I accidentally created the project for the wrong Org, as a wrong Project Type, or with the wrong contact card, can I change it?
A: Once a case is created, any of these three pieces cannot be changed. What we recommend doing is to create a new case with the correct setup, copy over any data that was entered into the original case, and then to archive the original case. You may also consider giving it a project name with the word "duplicate" for any reports it may appear in.