What is it?
Audit reports are a highly useful type of report that track the activity and productivity of any number of users. By default and as shown below, all users can create audit reports for their own activity. Project admins can also audit the activity of any user in the projects they are project admins for. And, Org Admins can audit the activity of all users in their Org.
The type of actions that are tracked include: creating a note, assigning a task, completing a task, postponing the due date of a task, editing a field, changing the permissions of a team member, and so forth.
How do I Create an Audit Report?
1) Navigate to the Menu, down to My Reports, and then over and down to Build Reports. To learn how to build reports, please click here.
2) Select Report - For Step 1, select the “Audit Report” report type on the right-hand side as step 1.
3) Set Up Columns - For Step 2, this is where you’ll select what items of information you want displayed for each of item in the report, such as the username, the date, the IP address, what action was done, etc.
4) Choose Criteria - For Step 3, you will add certain criteria if you’d like to narrow down the results of your report. You can refine your results by when the action took place, what project was affected, what the action was, the time range the action was performed, etc.
5) Run Report - For Step 4, click Run Report to view the results. The audit report often includes many, many results and may take longer to render than most other report types.
6) Save and Export - For Step 5, you have the option to save this report. Clicking "Save As" creates a new report which you will be able to provide a name for. Clicking "Save" will save any changes made to an previously saved report. Saving the report allows you to do any of the following:
- enable auto-reports sent to your email on a regular basis,
- to share with other users,
- and to export as an excel spreadsheet to your computer.
Power-up your Audit Reports with Periscope
Periscope is a way for us to help you visualize and interpret your data in extremely insightful and user friendly ways. It can easily display strengths and weakness of your firm as a system of moving parts. For example, it can show you who is being most productive and on what days vs who’s postponing due dates and has the most overdue tasks.
To learn more about periscope, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s important for you to have insight into the activity of your firm. We hope that these tools help to boost your firm’s productivity and efficiency.