An audit report is a report type that tracks the activity and productivity of users. Tracked actions include things like creating a note, assigning a task, completing a task, postponing the due date of a task, editing a field, and changing the permissions of a team member.
All users can create audit reports for their own activity. Project Admins can audit the activity of any user in the projects they are project admins for. Org Admins can audit the activity of all users in their Org.
Create an Audit Report
Audit reports can be created using the Report Builder. Navigate to the Report Builder by clicking the Main Menu in the top left corner of Filevine, and then selecting My Reports > Build Reports from the dropdown.
- Select the Audit Report type. In the Report Builder, select Audit Report from the list of new report types on the right.
- Set up the columns. Select the items you want to include in the report from the menu on the left, and click the right arrow to move them to the Report Columns menu.
- Choose the criteria. If you’d like to narrow the results of your report, choose the criteria for the report. You can refine results by action type, which project or doc was affected, time range, and more. Click on the criteria you’d like to define, and click + Add Criteria at the bottom of the page. Fill in the textboxes or select the desired criteria from the dropdowns.
Note: All audit reports are limited to a time range of no more than 62 days. This criterion will be added automatically to new audit reports.
- Run the audit report. Click Run Report to view the report results.
- Save and export. Click Save/Export for more report options. You have the option to save, export, and set up an auto-report. Learn more about saving and export options.
Log Time Special Criteria
Audit reports are limited to a log time of no more than 62 days. When a new audit report is created, this criterion will be added automatically to the criteria of the report. Any log time criteria greater than the equivalent of 62 days will not be valid, and you will not be able to run the report.
Audit Reports with Periscope
Periscope can help you visualize and interpret your data in insightful and user-friendly ways. It can easily display the strengths and weaknesses of your firm as a system of moving parts. For example, Periscope can show you which users are being most productive and on what days, or which users are postponing due dates. To learn more about periscope, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.