What can Project Admin do?
Project Administrators can:
- Change the team status of their team members on specific projects. For example, they can move a user from being to Collaborator to a Follower.
- Invite outside parties and clients into the project. Please see Guests for additional information.
- Open a texting line for that project. For additional instructions on how to do so, please see Generate Text Number.
- Create project folders to integrate with either OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, or NetDocuments.
- Remove a saved collection item.
- Edit any field that has been locked for project admin access only.
- Pin (and unpin) items to the project's activity section.
- Utilize the "Move To" option for notes and texts in the activity section.
How do I become a Project Admin?
Someone who has already been granted Project Admin access must be the one to grant you that same permission. The user that created the project, as well as all members that have been granted org-wide “Project Admin” access from the Org page in Setup, will automatically be granted Project Admin access.
First, go to the team section of that project.
Once you click on the relevant user, a box will appear. Select “Make Admin.”