What is a Guest?
Guests are special users that have highly limited access to a case. When a guest is added to the case, they are only able to see an empty Activity Section and an empty Docs Section. The activity section is a place where the guest can communicate with you. The Docs section is a place where the guest can upload files to the case. But until specific activity notes and documents are shared with the guest (directions to do so are in this article), they only see what was added to the case by them.
As needed, different sections, documents, and activity items can be shared with a guest. Adding a 3rd party or even the client to the project as a guest is a great way for them to participate in the case in a controlled and limited way.
This article will cover how to invite a guest to a project and how to share project sections, documents, and activity items with them.
How to Invite a Guest to a Project
1) Navigate to the team section of the project.
2) Click on the Team section and click on the "Invite" button on the right.
3) Enter in the email address of the guest. If they have never been invited to a project before, the system will send them an email with their temporary password.
By default, when someone is added to a guest, they are given no access to any data. The remainder of this article will address how to share specific section, documents, and activity items of the projects with the guest.
How to Share a Section with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Team section of the project.
2) Select the Guest group and click on the guest's card.
3) Select “Share Project Sections” in the guest's access settings.
4) Select which sections should be shared by moving them to the right. You may also choose whether they have the permission to edit the fields in each section. This can be particularly useful for instances like sharing the Intake section for clients to file out. Once they've filled out that information, you can remove them from the project so they no longer have access to the project.
5) To stop sharing a shared section, simply repeat steps 1-3 but move the shared sections back to the left.
You may notice that the Activity section and the Docs section do not appear on this list of shareable sections. This is because guests have their own limited access to the Activity section and Docs section where they can only create notes to communicate with you and upload their own documents and files. But guests are unable to see anything else in those sections until sharing specific, individual activity items and documents are the guests able to see anything but their own additions to those sections.
How to Share a Document with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Docs section.
2) Click on the 3 dots to the right of the document you wish to share.
3) Hover over "Guest Share"and then choose which guest to share the document with. This gives the ability to view and download the document.
How to Share an Activity Item with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Activity section.
2) Click on the 3 dots to the right of the vine you wish to share.
3) Hover over "Share with" and then choose which guest to share the vine with. They'll see the item in their activity and all comments on it. They will also be able to add comments to that vine.