What is a Guest?
Guests are special users that have highly limited access to a case. When a guest is added to the case, they are only able to see an empty Activity Tab and an empty Docs Tab. The activity tab is a place where the guest can communicate with you. The Docs tab is a place where the guest can upload files to the case. But until specific activity notes and documents are shared with the guest (directions to do so are in this article), they only see what was added to the case by them.
As needed, different section tabs, documents, and activity items, can be shared with a guest. Adding a 3rd party or even the client to the project as a guest is a great way for them to participate in the case in a controlled and limited way.
This article will cover how to invite a guest to a project and how to share project tabs, documents, and activity items with them.
How to Invite a Guest to a Project
1) Navigate to the team tab of the project.
2) Click on the Team tab and click on the "Invite" button on the right.
3) Enter in the email address of the guest. If they have never been invited to a project before, the system will send them an email with their temporary password.
By default, when someone is added to a guest, they are given no access to any data. The remainder of this article will address how to share specific tabs, documents, and activity items of the projects with the guest.
How to Share a Tab with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Team tab of the project.
2) Select the Guest group and click on the guest's card.
3) Select “Share Project Sections” in the guest's access settings.
4) Select which sections should be shared by moving them to the right. You may also choose whether they have the permission to edit the fields in each tab. This can be particularly useful for instances like sharing the Intake tab for clients to file out. Once they've filled out that information, you can remove them from the project so they no longer have access to the project.
5) To stop sharing a shared tab, simply repeat steps 1-3 but move the shared sections back to the left.
You may notice that the Activity tab and the Docs tab do not appear on this list of shareable sections. This is because guests have their own limited access to the Activity tab and Docs tab where they can only create notes to communicate with you and upload their own documents and files. But guests are unable to see anything else in those tabs until sharing specific, individual activity items and documents are the guests able to see anything but their own additions to those tabs.
How to Share a Document with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Docs tab.
2) Click on the 3 dots to the right of the document you wish to share.
3) Hover over "Guest Share"and then choose which guest to share the document with. This gives the ability to view and download the document.
How to Share an Activity Item with a Guest
1) Navigate to the Activity Tab.
2) Click on the 3 dots to the right of the vine you wish to share.
3) Hover over "Share with" and then choose which guest to share the vine with. They'll see the item in their activity and all comments on it. They will also be able to add comments to that vine.