This article discusses project roles, including what they are, how to best utilize them, how to use them in reports and vitals. Roles are used in Taskflow and make it possible to assign the tasks based on responsibilities in the project, rather than on the specific user.
Roles can be created, edited, or deleted using the Roles Setup Advanced tool.
Any user can be given a project role on a specific project by a project Admin in the project's Team section. Role assignment order can be adjusted by dragging and dropping a user in the Role View of the Team section.
To assign a role for more than one project, use the Org > Members tool. The Mass Update Permissions Advanced tool can also be used to assign project roles and role position assignments for all existing projects or for a subset of existing projects.
To assign a role for a single project, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Role View in the Team section. Search for and click on the desired project in the Search for a project search box in the top left corner. In this project, find and select the Team section from the lefthand side menu. Toggle to Role View in the top right corner.
- Find the user. Find the user in one of the role groups, or by entering the user’s name in the Type to filter… textbox along the top. Click on the user in the role groups lists to open their user card on the right.
- Select Roles. Click in the Select roles… textbox, and then type to filter and select the desired role from the dropdown. Add as many roles as you want for this user. As roles are added for your user, you will see the user appear in the matching role group.
To remove a role from a user, click on the x next to that role in the Select roles… textbox of the user card.
Assigning Role Order
Taskflow assignments, vitals, and role reports depend on which user is in the first position of the role group. Users can adjust a user’s position in a role group by dragging and dropping their user within the role group in Role View of the Team section.
Role Reporting and Vitals
Roles, as well as first position assignments, can be tracked and reported in a project in reports and in the project’s vitals.
List of Projects Report
Users can report on roles and first position assignments by running a List of Projects report.
Navigate to the Report Builder and choose the List of Projects report from the list. Under the Show More Columns section, select your Org and project type from the dropdowns. Choose the category Team or find your desired report column in the quick select search box.
Under the Team category, each role has options for reporting the names and emails of all users with that role, orof the user who is in the first position for that role.
Columns beginning with "Team All" will show the full list of users with that role, while columns without "All" will display the user in the first position for that role. For example:
- Team All Attorney Role Full Names: this column will report a list of the full names of all users with the Attorney role, with the first position user listed first
- Team Attorney Role Full Name: this column will report the full name of the user listed in the first position for the attorney role
This column option is found under the General category.
Roles and first position assignments can also be added to a project’s vitals. For example, the vitals could display the user in the first position for the Attorney role.
In the Customs Editor, under the Vitals tab, select Create New Vitals. Under the category Team, choose to display the names or emails of the users with a role, or of the user who is in the first position for that role.
Vitals beginning with “Team All” will show the full list of users with that role, while vitals without “All” will display the user in the first position for that role. For example:
- Team All Attorney Role Full Names: will show a list of the full names of all users with the Attorney role
- Team Attorney Role Full Name: will show the full name of the user listed in the first position for the attorney role
Article is closed for comments.