11/20/23 – 12/01/23
- Resolved an issue affecting AIFields statuses for documents previously attached to a file attachment field within custom sections. Now, removing and reattaching a file from a section will initiate the new AIFields job, clearing the status and displaying success or error only when the job has run.
- Fixed the disappearance of the Send Email action for .eml files after a page refresh in select environments. The action is now consistently available for these files.
- Addressed a bug where copying a file using the Move/Copy option in the Doc Options menu would move the file from the original location. The original file now stays in place during the copy, as expected.
- Resolved the Invalid Operation error when moving folders from one project to another.
- Fixed a bug where not all available files for Undelete were showing in the Undelete tool.
API Performance Updates
- Improved several behind-the-scenes processes for quicker retrieval of custom sections and faster folder reads.
- Accelerated the most commonly used taskflow action endpoint.
- When selecting the thumbs down icon on a SidebarAI message, we now point the users to our support options.
- When pasting a link in a Sidebar message, it now appears as a clickable link.
- Payment links will now request the outstanding invoice balance, rather than the invoice total, at the time the link is generated (i.e., when sending the invoice via email)
11/12/23 – 11/17/23
- An incoming email, converted to a task, and subsequently marked as spam (without the task being completed) would hang out in the assignee’s Tasks list – but would be completely inaccessible; this has been fixed!
- There was an issue in which contingent tasks in a taskflow, belonging to a project template that was exported and then imported, did not always have the correct phase ID associated with them; this meant that any auto-tasks set to be created “Only if project is still in X Phase” never met the phase criterion and therefore never triggered; this has been fixed
11/6/23 – 11/10/23
- Generic Payment links now support a “memo” field which allows the payor to insert a note about the context of the payment (for instance, if they’re making it on behalf of someone else or on a specific invoice)
- Payments now has an “Export” option available for both pending and completed transactions that allows a payments user to export the full transaction list to Excel.
- When adding a Note/Task from within Sidebar, the checkboxes were often off the screen depending on your view of the Sidebar. It will now scroll to the nearest checkbox to make it easier to add the message to the note or task.
- When inside a Sidebar and you have an unread message, you will now see a notification dot next to the back arrow so you know you have an unread message in another thread.
- Medical chronology prompt tuneup: We had reports of the AI inserting pieces of its prompt into analysis results, specifically impacting larger documents. We resolved this issue, as well as enhanced the AI’s contextual understanding of OCRed text for improved accuracy.
- Bug fix: A UI bug in the Customs Editor resulted in inconsistent spacing and coloring of the AI Linked badge on multi-line text fields. This issue has been addressed.
- There was an issue preventing PDF templates from being previewed within DocGen Setup. This has been identified and resolved and PDF templates should now preview normally.
- Increased Limit of API Expense/GetAll to 1,000 Expenses
- Bug Fix: Annotation resize was broken after Bold and Italic Button is clicked.
- Bug Fix: Wrong Error Message when use of non existing template ID
- An incoming fax that was converted to a task lost the ability to Block Sender; the behavior now parallels that of emails converted to tasks, meaning that the Block Sender action is available even after conversion to a task
- In Firefox, the project funds table in the project billing section was not showing the detailed data; this has been tidied
- The inline, line-item total in Timesheet (visible to users with rate permissions) was not reflecting the billable/chargeable setting for the individual line item; this has been sorted
- In Advanced | Billing | Invoices, the invoices were incorrectly being ordered by the created date; they will now be listed by the invoice date
10/30/23 – 11/3/23
Payments by Filevine
Filevine has officially released its newest product line, an electronic payment platform called “Payments by Filevine.”
- Payments by Filevine enables customers to accept Credit, Debit, ACH, and digital Wallet (Apple/Google pay) payments through an integrated interface.
- Customers can use either trust or operating accounts to collect payments into their system
- Trust account payments adhere to trust guidelines where fees are drawn from an associated account instead of the account making the payment.
- Customers can request payments through integrated links on invoice emails from Filevine, via generic links (open-ended links that can be posted on a website/email) or through ad-hoc payment request links generated in the payments platform.
- When a payment is received, the law firm and the payor will receive email confirmation of the payment being made.
- Sidebar UI has been refreshed:
- Starting a Sidebar chat with teammates and starting a SidebarAI chat are now prominent buttons at the top of the window
- You can filter by status (Active, Resolved, All)
- The avatar next to the message now shows if it is a Sidebar with multiple people involved
- Users can now have multiple AI threads:
- Messages no longer clear after 24 hours
- Keep threads around to remember certain answers
- Users can add AI responses as notes or tasks
- Click the Note/Task button inside a SidebarAI chat
- Select the message to add to the note or task
- Create the note or task and the messages will be in the body of the note/task
- A bug in AI Job reporting has been resolved to display all job records, regardless of their age, eliminating the previous 1000-job limit.
- Collaborators and above can now Add/Edit Tags for comments that they did not create
- The Get Invoice call in the public API will now always include a due date, even when the due date has not been entered directly but is calculated based on the invoice terms
- In the public API, calls to the endpoints /Notes and /tasks did not return a meaningful value for the “assignee” field ; they now do
- The documentation for the public API related to the /Notes and /tasks endpoints has been updated to more accurately describe the function of the endpoints:
- i.e., the documentation for the Get Note Feed for User endpoint now includes the following message: This endpoint was formerly known as Get Note List; it has been renamed to reflect its actual function. The Get Note Feed for User call returns the current unread Feed items for the API user, up to 25 at a time.
- i.e., the documentation for the Get Tasks for User now includes the following message: This endpoint was formerly known as Get Task List; it has been renamed to reflect its actual function. The Get Tasks for User call returns the current tasks on the Feed for the API user, up to 25 at a time.